First thing to achieve before building a lifelong career is to find jobs in Pakistan. Young graduates after passing out of their universities have lot of confidence and energy but this state changes when they walk into the real world. The one difficult question thrown ruthlessly at their faces is:
Do you have any experience?
Young graduates do not have the answer because you don't have any experience and you don't know how to get it when you just starting in the professional world. So, the answer normally is
I will get the experience once you provide me the job.
No matter how much knowledge you acquire the profession needs more knowledge then you have acquired over the years working on projects and writing your thesis paper. Employers find you little short of what they expect or your qualification does not match their job description. If any young graduate thinks it only happens with them; they are hugely mistaken. Similar things happen to experienced professionals who possess years of experience.
The problem is that professions are transforming pretty quickly and professionals have to keep up with the pace of the industry. Every stage of your learning years is important in shaping your career. So, the process of job search begins from the time one enters the university.
There are a few things to keep in mind
1. What you want: You have to be clear exactly what kind of skills you have and exactly what kind of job you want. So, you can prepare yourself for the job.
2. Job requirements: Make sure you know the skills required for the job you eventually want to get. Skills not only means the technical skills but the interpersonal and communication skills required for the job. Try to build these skills.
3. Start networking: Meet people in your profession. Create a network of people around who are looking for jobs. They can exchange some valuable information with you.
4. Build your profile: Interships are a good way of getting information about the industry and putting something worthwhile on your resume other than the qualifications. Work with anyone, even voluntarily.
5. Interact with organizations: Keep in touch with the HR departments of different companies even if they are not posting any jobs. Talk to them after two weeks time so that remember you well.
6. Research: The most important concern for an employer especially from a large organization is that you will adjust in their organization in short period of time. For that you have to understand the inner workings of the organization. What kind of business they are and what kind of market they are targeting.
These guidelines are not the answers to the question of how to get Jobs in Pakistan
but helpful suggestions. The Pakistani job market looks very different in many ways to the jobseekers yet it has lot of similarities with the job markets around the world. I hope these ideas will give you a hope as a jobseeker and you can start working on these right away.